BMW ALPINA B8 Gran Coupé
ALPINA Automobiles Australia is pleased to confirm its newest flagship, the BMW ALPINA B8 Gran Coupé has been priced from $322,900 plus on-road costs.
“This is the first time ALPINA has offered a Gran Coupé for the Australian market,” said ALPINA Automobiles Australia sales manager, Phil Jeffery.
“In the B8, ALPINA has managed to deliver unique elegance and supreme luxury with absolutely no compromise to performance."
“It is a truly fitting flagship for the ALPINA range in Australia,” he said.
The first-ever BMW ALPINA B8 Gran Coupé will be on-sale nationally from July.
A powerful and responsive bi-turbo V8 engine with intelligent all-wheel drive
Under the sleek bonnet line is a true powerhouse: a bi-turbo charged 4.4-litre petrol V8.
This sophisticated engine uses two ALPINA specific twin-scroll turbochargers (each with 54mm turbines) that are designed to deliver incredible throttle response and torque throughout the rev range. Breathing through a stainless steel ALPINA quad exhaust system with petrol particulate filter technology, the large-capacity V8 emits a sophisticated soundtrack in COMFORT mode, and a distinctive rumble in SPORT mode.
Paired to an ALPINA-specific cooling system that features water-air intercoolers with 50 per cent larger surface area, the power unit generates an impressive 457kW from 5,500 - 6,500rpm. Peak torque of 800Nm is realised from only 2,000rpm and sustained through to 5,000rpm, ensuring seamlessly strong acceleration throughout the rev range.
A specially tuned eight-speed automatic transmission that can shift in as little as 100ms and a rear-biased all-wheel drive system with a limited-slip rear differential ensure a smooth, responsive power transmission that realises zero to 100km/h acceleration in an astounding 3.4 seconds. Where conditions allow, the BMW ALPINA B8 Gran Coupé can reach 324km/h.
Adhering to the latest Euro 6d-ISC-FCM emissions standards, the BMW ALPINA B8 Gran Coupé is also highly efficient, returning a combined fuel consumption figure of 11.9L/100km according to the WLTP standard. CO2 is stated at 254g/km.
The BMW ALPINA B8 Gran Coupé has been honed over thousands of road and track test miles throughout Europe, with the primary goal of delivering superb dynamics and an opulent ride.
ALPINA-tuned Eibach springs are used on both axles, while the front struts employ hydro mounts to enhance ride comfort. The strut support mounts and front lower wishbone mounts are stiffer and work with a reinforced front sway bar to achieve impressive response and enhanced lateral grip.
The intelligent Integral Active Steering system allows the rear axle to steer up to 2.3-degrees, working in opposite phase to the front axle at low speeds for added manoeuvrability. At higher speeds, the rear axle works in phase with the front for added directional stability.
Exclusive to ALPINA is the additional COMFORT+ setting for the adaptive damper system. This unique system specially developed for the B8 in conjunction with suspension legends Bilstein, offers COMFORT+ in addition to specific COMFORT and SPORT settings, allowing the B8 Gran Coupé’s driver to choose the level of comfort for the situation at hand.
ALPINA’s classically minimalist 20-spoke forged alloy wheel design is a key aesthetic feature of the BMW ALPINA B8 Gran Coupé, measuring an impressive 21 inches in diameter and fitted with Pirelli P Zero ALP tyres that have been exclusively developed for the vehicle.
The 245/35 ZR21 front tyres are fitted with Pirelli’s Noise Cancelling System to further reduce road noise, while the rears feature 285/30/ ZR21 sizing.
Famous motorsport brake company Brembo supplies the fixed four-piston front brake calipers, finished in blue with white ALPINA lettering and clamping impressive 395mm front discs. At the rear, the discs are even larger at 398mm and use floating rear calipers, with the overall package engineered for high safety reserves and strong thermodynamic stability.
For those seeking further braking power ALPINA’s high-performance braking system, featuring drilled brake discs and high-temperature resistant brake pads, is optionally available.
An opulently sporty design
The BMW ALPINA B8 Gran Coupé’s stunningly flowing lines are accentuated by ALPINA’s range of aerodynamically sculpted exterior highlights.
The large-section front apron offers a strong first impression while enhancing cooling airflow to the powerful mechanical components. As standard the lower front apron features silver ALPINA lettering, however this can be altered to Black or Gold lettering at no additional cost.
At the rear, the impressive black diffuser integrates with the ALPINA rear apron, with a subtle rear spoiler lip extending the rear visual and providing additional high-speed stability.
Of course, the trademark ALPINA Blue and ALPINA Green metallic paint finishes are optionally available, as are a wide array of options from the BMW and BMW Individual collections, including:
• Alpine White (NCO)
• Carbon Black metallic (NCO)
• Black Sapphire metallic (NCO)
• Mineral White metallic (NCO)
• Sunset Orange metallic (NCO)
• Bluestone metallic (NCO)
• Barcelona Blue metallic (NCO)
• BMW Individual Dravit Grey metallic
• BMW Individual Tanzanite Blue II metallic
• BMW Individual Aventurine Red II metallic
• BMW Individual Frozen Bluestone metallic
For no additional cost, the legendary ALPINA Deco-Set in Silver or Gold can be specified, either for the front spoiler or for both the spoiler and body sides. Black Deco-Sets are also optionally available.
As well as the standard silver finish for the 21-inch, 20-spoke ALPINA CLASSIC forged alloy wheels, customers can optionally select a Black or Anthracite painted finish.
A luxuriously understated interior with limitless customisation
Opening the BMW ALPINA B8 Gran Coupé’s front door, one immediately notices the illuminated ALPINA door sill and bespoke ALPINA design crystal glass applications to the gear shift and iDrive controller. Also sitting proudly in the centre console is the ALPINA production plaque for added exclusivity.
High-gloss ALPINA Walnut Anthracite interior trims are fitted as standard, with a range of no-cost trim alternatives available, including:
• Carbon Fibre
• Piano Black
• Fine-wood Fineline Copper effect in high-gloss
• Ash Grain Grey
• Fine-wood Ash Black silver effect in high-gloss
• Aluminium Trace Dark
Reaching for the steering wheel reveals another bespoke touch, the wheel itself finished in ALPINA’s own LAVALINA leather with blue/green stitching. ALPINA’s SWITCH-TRONIC gear shift buttons allow full manual shifting, while stunning CNC-milled metal gearshift paddles are optionally available.
The BMW ALPINA B8 Gran Coupé’s interior is trimmed in Extended Merino leather upholstery as standard, with the following available colours:
• Ivory White
• Night Blue/Black
• Fiona Red/Black
Full Merino leather in a range of colours is optionally available, with further information on ALPINA’s superb LAVALINA leather options to be confirmed shortly.
ALPINA roundels mounted to the seatbacks offer another layer of sophistication, for no additional cost.
Key standard specification highlights
• ALPINA CLASSIC 21’’ forged wheel with PIRELLI P Zero (ALP)
• ALPINA SWITCH-TRONIC 8-speed Sport-Automatic Transmission
• Air conditioning, automatic with four-zone control
• Airbags - front, side and head
• Alarm system
• Ambient lighting
• Auto Start-Stop
• BMW Display key
• BMW Laserlights
• Child seat ISOFIX attachments, rear
• Climate comfort windscreen
• Comfort Access with smart opener
• Connected Package Professional
• DAB tuner
• Door sill finishers ALPINA, illuminated
• Drive Performance Control with COMFORT+, COMFORT, SPORT, SPORT+ and ADAPTIVE mode
• Driving Assistant Professional
• Dynamic Safety
• Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) incl. Dynamic Brake Control (DBC) and Dynamic Traction Control (DTC)
• Enhanced Bluetooth with wireless charging
• Exhaust system ALPINA, stainless steel, with double-ended tailpipes
• Exterior mirrors – folding, with anti-dazzle
• Exterior trim, High-gloss Shadowline
• First aid kit and warning triangle
• Floor mats ALPINA
• Front multi-function Sport Seats
• Front spoiler ALPINA
• Glass application 'Crafted Clarity' for interior elements in ALPINA Design
• Headlining, Anthracite
• Heat comfort package, front
• Instrument panel, leather
• Intelligent emergency calling
• Interior trim, ALPINA Walnut Anthracite high-gloss
• Live Cockpit Professional in ALPINA Design
• Loudspeaker system – 16-speaker harman/kardon surround sound
• Night vision with pedestrian recognition
• Panoramic glass sunroof
• Parking Assistant Plus
• ALPINA production plaque with production number
• Rear valance ALPINA with two double-ended tailpipes
• Seat heating, front and rear
• Seat ventilation, front
• Soft Close doors
• Sport rear differential
• Sport suspension ALPINA
• Steering wheel: SWITCH-TRONIC sport LAVALINA leather steering wheel with Multi-function and blue/green stitching
• Sunblind - rear windscreen, electric and rear side windows, electric
• Tyre pressure monitoring
• BMW Individual Paintwork
• ALPINA Exclusive Paintwork
• Deco-Set in Black (front spoiler or front spoiler and sides)
• ALPINA CLASSIC 21-inch forged wheels finished in Black or Himalaya Grey
• ALPINA floor mats with leather piping
• ALPINA luggage compartment mat
• ALPINA luggage compartment mat with leather piping
• Alcantara Anthracite Headlining
• Steering wheel in ALPINA LAVALINA with bespoke stitching
• SWITCH-TRONIC CNC-milled aluminium gearshift paddles
• Full leather Merino upholstery
• LAVALINA leather upholstery
• Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System
• Universal remote control
• BMW Drive Recorder
• TV Function
• High-gloss Shadowline with extended contents
• M Carbon Roof (deletes panoramic sunroof)
• Sun protection glass
• High-performance brake system
Servicing and Warranty
The BMW ALPINA B8 Gran Coupé is covered by a three-year, unlimited-kilometre warranty. Complimentary Roadside Assistance is also provided for this time period.
For maximum convenience, all vehicles sold by ALPINA Automobiles Australia can be serviced via an official BMW dealership.
BMW’s Service Inclusive program is available for the BMW ALPINA range. For the BMW ALPINA B8 Gran Coupé; this offer follows the requirements of the BMW M850i Gran Coupé and offers a convenient, cost-effective servicing solution.
For further information:
» Web Special » Car Configurator
ALPINA Australia National Sales Manager
ALPINA Automobiles Australia
Email: philj@ doncasterbmw.com.au
BMW ALPINA B8 Gran Coupé:
Fuel consumption BMW ALPINA B8 Gran Coupé:
Fuel consumption combined: 11.1 l/100 km / 25.4 mpg
CO2 emissions combined: 254 g/km
CO2 efficiency: F (Germany)
According to EU Norm • www.ALPINA.de/DAT-Hinweis